Thursday, March 31, 2011

April showers bring ...

May flowers?  Well in this case they bring a brand new product line from My Mind's Eye; Stella & Rose!

What a wonderful collection that the Design Team got to work with this month for the Scrapbook & Cards Today/Page Maps Challenge.

  
Melissa went with a pallet rich in reds and enhanced the patterns of these papers while making her photo the central theme to this layout.  She never ceases to amaze me - she printed this photo on textured cardstock to give an allusion of canvas - ingenious!  She pulled out all the green stops with this layout, from painting the paper, to glimmer mist, to inking the chipboard letters; using Distress Ink in Peeled Paint, Making Memories paint in Meadow and Glimmer Mist in Olive Green. Her trim is from Tim Holtz rubbed down with more Distress Ink this time in Victorian Velvet, topped with a strip of Heidi Swapp bling.  The chipboard letters are Basic Grey and the brads are from the My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose collection. 


For my layout I used the same paper (that's right we had the SAME paper for this one, not just the same collection) I opted to use a stitched edge on the left and focus in more on the green and blue hues of this line.  I too used Basic Grey letters for my title.  The flowers are handmade (of course) and if you like what you see there you may be interested in attending the first every L&L flower making techniques class - just in time for spring (April 13th)  I too used Glimmer mist and Distress Inks, but I used Electric Blue and Broken China on a Glimmer chip dove, and many of the My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose collection brads.



Two very different layouts, two different styles, two different designers.  Let us know what you think of these works of art! 

Remember that all My Mind's Eye is on sale at the store for the entire month of April!

Lets see what you come up with, email your creations to EmsCreativeCorner@gmail.com and we will post them to the Fan Page on Facebook!

Thanks for looking and don't forget to become a follower and post your comments!

~Lorena~

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work :) I love that you printed the photo on textured cardstock!

    ReplyDelete