Monday, June 27, 2011

June Page Maps Challenge

Some how the month of June escaped us without a Challenge Blog post.  The layouts were however hanging in the store, and the inspirational product of the month was CARDSTOCK.  

Cardstock doesn't have to be boring - you can emboss it, stamp it, layer it all to get different effects and dimension.

Please excuse the lighting on this layout - it doesn't give the photo justice.


On the background of this layout I used an embossing relief technique.  I used clear ink (Versamark) and stamped a background image and used a clear embossing powder to heat emboss it.  I think used watered down Distress ink to colour the paper.  The ink will not set where the clear embossing is, leaving your stamped image to come to life.

I also stamped with a script stamp on the cardstock before I made my flowers to give them some interest.  Add some glimmer mist, stitching, distressing and some punches and there you have it!



For my final layout I used Bo Bunny's double dot - which I consider cardstock but it is technically Patterned Paper.  I had some amazing photos of an orange flower just covered in dew drops.  I mimicked the dew drops with glossy accents.




Mellisa used a lot of texture too on her layout.  She used several different embossing folders on a metallic paper and then rubbed paint to highlight the valleys and peaks to the texture.  She uses some amazing photo editing to bring out only one colour in her photos to make the hair stand out.  Fantastic job with simply cardstock Mellisa!





~ Lorena ~

No comments:

Post a Comment