Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bear bums!

This month we were given an awesome line of paper with such beautiful colours. At first I didn't know what to do since the colours were so summery and I have yet to take pictures of baby girl in the summer since she was born September 1st. And the line was a little too childish for my own use. Then I remembered! I did a photoshoot in early April that would be perfect for this since the pics were black and white.

This picture of baby girl is by far one of my favorites. Plus now that she crawls that picture would be impossible to recreate.

I wanted to create something simple and quick this month; my time was limited and I'm trying really hard to produce quality pages in the least time possible since now I have to scrapbook for my niece.

I knew right away I wanted to do something nice with the title, I love the cleverness of bear bums. So I got on my computer and started looking for the correct font. I used illustrator to create the title and layed it out the way I wanted it on the layout. Then I saved the file as an SVG and loaded into sure cuts a lot to get ready to cut it. I love this program it has made my cricut the best tool ever. Being a graphic designer typography is really important to me and being able to manage the typography this closely in my layouts is amazing. Once loaded into sure cuts a lot it was fairly quick load the paper in the cricut and plug the usb to my computer and I was set.

The rest of the layout was fairly quickly put together I decided to keep the polka dots as the main attraction for my layout by layering different polka dot patterns at the bottom of the page and using a cute polka dot ribbon too. BUT WAIT the challenge this month was embossing!! I sneaked my embossing in by using my cuddlebug and this great over sized polka dot embossing folder I got at Emma's. This allowed me to add a suttle embossing on the blue cardstock at the bottom it turned out great.






Other then that I came up with names for her teddies and added those on little pieces of white cardstock and wrote them out with my orange staedler pen and popped them up to give a bit of interest to the layout.


Hope you like it and I can't wait to see all your layouts this month at Emma's. Make sure you participate the prizes are pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment