Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The April Mission

Auntie Em's design team mission for April (if I chose to accept it) was to add dimension to a layout based on the April sketch from the 2012 PageMaps calendar. Dimension is one of the many many MANY things I love about scrapbooking. Dimension, whether it be through the use of embellishments like flowers, brads, chipboard, etc., or the simple use of pop-up tape, makes a layout come alive.

Just like my fellow design team members, I used Basic Grey's Hello Luscious collection. You should check out the other ladies' blog entries because their layouts are fantastic! It still amazes me that the four of us can take the same collection and sketch and end up with completely different results.

Here is what I came up with:



These pictures were taken on Canada Day 2011. My husband Matt and I hosted a barbeque attended by some of our best friends. Matt barbequed A LOT of food!

I added dimension to the layout by using pop-up tape. I used it on the title piece (at the top of the page) and at the bottom of the page (paper border). I also used rope to add dimension:




I also clustered and layered embellishments on the side of a picture to add dimension:


Other techniques used:
- Two different border punches;
- Glimmer Glam (love this product!) in Espresso on two paper borders;
- Bazzill's In Stitch'z and We R Memory Keepers twine for the title;
- Sanding the edge of the pictures. 
I have to say that I wasn't a huge Basic Grey fan before this month's challenge. Seeing this layout come together has gone a long way to changing my mind! I even ended up getting more of this line to created additional pages!

Happy scrappin'!

~Sarah~


No comments:

Post a Comment