Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Christmas in April

When Emma gave us the paper selection for the April challenge right away I though Christmas. I went a little crazy with this layout (for me that is). I decided I would stay away from having everything being so linear.

I used one of my favorite things in this layout. LETTERS I love buying letters of all kind thickers being my favorites but I didn't use them in this layout so I am getting off track. Actually I used some mini marks rub-ons from American Craft. And some sparkly chipboard letters I bought at a scrapbook yard sale. I think the reason I love individual letters is that I am creating a scrapbook for my niece and we want the book to be in french. Since french scrapbooking supplies are hard to come by and aren't usually as beautiful as the english ones this way I can create my own titles.

Emma asked us to add dimension to our layout so I did. I picked a chipboard frame that I fille with a light green cardstock then I cut my picture to a smaller size so that I could place it in the frame and pop it up with some pop dots. On the right of the frame I picked a tag from Emma's great candy bar and popped that one up with pop up dots again. I then added a chipboard detail graphic on the tag and rubbed on 2012. Yes that's right I messed up I put 2012 and I didn't notice my boyfriend is the one that told me when I got home. The good news about rub ons they come off pretty seamlessly and I was able to fix it. I added stickles for a little more dimension.

You will also find a bit of dimension in the center of my flower. I took a white flower I already had in my stash and used glimmer mist to make it the perfect shade of green in the center I used dew drops for more dimension.

I used photo corners for the first time but I didn't use them in the traditional way I decided to use them as a design element and I like the way they turned out. Check out these upclose details

All in all this is one of my favorite challenges yet I don't know if it's because I loved the paper or if it's because I pushed myself to create something different from what I would usually create. I encourage you all to participate in the challenge it's a great way to grow as a scrapbooker I have been participating as often as possible for as long as I can remember and the pages I have created for challenges are some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment