Monday, July 8, 2013

Nat Noted -- July 8/13

Hello everyone!

It feels like ages since I've posted the last Nat Noted because, well, it's been ages. I've noticed that other bloggers have had the same problem I do: lots of time gobbled up by life.

But I'm back now just in time for CHA Summer 2013 (which has been renamed Create-N-Connect). I found some new releases that are must-haves, a few cool techniques, a few tips and one amazing layout. I hope you enjoy these finds!

1. Anna Dabrowska aka Finnabair is behind 7 Dots Studio which has released three new collections for CHA Summer 2013. My favourite is 9th Wave.
Photo credit: 7 Dots Studio
2. Anna Dabrowska is also a designer for Prima. Her newest collection is called Vintage Vanity. This preview has me very excited!
Photo credit: Prima
3. A few years ago, my scraproom was filled mostly with Bo Bunny products. Then, something happened and I moved to Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye and Little Yellow Bicycle. Then, Bo Bunny released some amazing collections at CHA Winter 2013. Now, the company has four new collections for this summer and I have to say they're really good. Love the Silver & Gold collection the most.
Photo credit: Bo Bunny
4. Stencils and masks are now a big part of my scrapbooking. I must have been living under a rock because I completely missed the release of Heidi Swapp's stencils. I have to have this 6x6 confetti stencil.
Photo credit: Heidi Swapp
5. Over at Pink Paislee, Danielle Flanders used Gelatos on the Artisan paper and embellishments collection. That's a match made in heaven! If you were ever curious about gelatos, this post is a nice introduction and will make you want to buy the whole set.
gelatos on artisan paper - 500px
Photo credit: Pink Paislee
6. I have to be honest, I don't have time to watch video tutorials. But I couldn't help but have a peek at Dyan Reavely's video. She showed a resist technique using a glue stick. Very cool!


7. Noell Hyman from Paperclipping has a wonderful post on Tim Holtz Distress Paints. She added Tim's video on how to use the Distress Paints on a tag, but she wanted to show us how to use this product on scrapbooking layouts. I have been asking this question all year. Thank you Noell!!
Philippines 10
Photo credit: Paperclipping
8. This is a stunning layout by Stacey Young. She created the apple (a genius idea for a school layout btw) with Shimmerz and Dazzlerz. Now I want to try these products. <sigh>
Photo credit: Stacey Young (My Boys, My World)

I hope you get some time this week to sneak in some scrapbooking, cardmaking, art journalling or other paper crafting.

Take care!

Find more scrap happiness at mamanhall.blogspot.ca or follow me on Twitter @mamanhall.



No comments:

Post a Comment