Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Swoosh

This month's design team challenged was to use stitching on a layout. My reply: YAY! I love to use faux-stitching and/or hand stitching on layouts. For more information about stitching and products, you can check my product review from April 2012.

Here is a picture of the layout I submitted for this month's challenge:


The paper line used is This & That Charming by Echo Park. It's no secret: I love Echo Park paper! I have a 3-year old, so their more juvenile themes are right up my alley. This layout features my little guy playing with his new basketball set in our newly finished basement.

I started off with a piece of cardstock and layered two different pattern papers from the collection, leaving about 3.5 inches of the cardstock showing at the bottom. At the seam of the two pattern papers, I used a piece of green rickrack ribbon. I added the velvet brown brads and the end of each side of the ribbon. I love these velvet covered brads!

I then used a third pattern paper to create a mat for my pictures. On the right side, I used a border punch to add detail. On the left side, I use the Sew Easy to create two lines that crisscross. I then hand stitched using brown floss from We R Memory Keepers. I slightly layered my pictures on top of each other and added the cute clothespins at the top of each one.


Next, I created a journalling box using one of the die cuts from the line. I also added a chipboard piece that I painted with Glimmer Glam. Glimmer Glam by Tattered Angels is one of my favourite products to use on chipboard.


I added another die cut from the line as another embellishment. I added the Tim Holtz pins, which I love because it's so hard to find embellishments that are more boyish.


Last but not least, I added the buttons at the bottom left of the page and the title at the top right. For the title, I used Basic Grey chipboard letter and I traced them using a brown pen. I again painted the chipboard brackets with Glimmer Glam.


As I said at the beginning of this post, I love Echo Park! I'm so happy that they continue to come out with great lines that I can use to scrapbook my little man. Check out the This & That Charming line at Auntie Em's!


Happy scrappin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment