Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Snow village in July

This month's challenge was to use a stamp as an embellishment. I decided to scrapbook my very first Valentine's day date with my boyfriend. It was by far the best date and surprise of my life so I wanted a page to remember the little details.
Following the sketch I chose some images of our visit to the ice hotel in Montreal. (in the picture of the 2 of us we have no noses LOL cause the cold was affecting my iphone camera but it's still one of our favorite pics together so I kept it in the layout) I decided that a snowflake stamp would be perfect as an embellishment so I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and added some stickles and cut them into circles. I used them across the layout and popped every second one up with a pop up dot to add dimension.
I used my cricut once again with some custom fonts using Sure cuts a lot. I used Impact as the font for snow and Lavanderia for the word Village. Click on the links to download the fonts.
I decided to use a nice magenta colour since I had some nice cardstock leftovers from emma's and a gorgeous sparkly ribbon in the same colour. I finished it off by using some old stickers I have had forever which were headed for the garage sale if I didn't get to use them and voila another challenge I am super happy with.

The journalling says:
On february 16th, 2012 we left Cornwall early for my Valentine's surprise. You kept telling me to dress warm but I had no clue what you had in store for me. After a bit of shopping you revealed the surprise. Dinner at the ice hotel! It was an amazing night. All in all you really are the bomb.

The last sentence is kind of an inside joke from that night and it's nice to have it on the layout cause it makes us both smile.

Give it a try this month who knows maybe you will be the lucky winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment