Sunday, July 1, 2012

July PageMaps Challenge - Your Design Team - Stamping

July is upon us and your Auntie Em's Design Team has been put to the challenge of using the July PageMaps sketch and using stamps to make your own embeslishments.  Featuring the Little Yellow Bicycle collection "Saturdays".  Here is what your design team girls have come up with!

Sarah's take:


I like to use stamps to as accents. On this layout, I used a stamp to create the 'Love' title. I stamped on a scrap piece from the Saturday collection and then used scissors to create my very own personalized die cut. I also stamped on chipboard that I first covered with Glimmer Mist. Finally, I stamped the words 'Consider yourself hugged' on the bottom of the journaling box.


Lorena's Take:

I decided to switch it up this month and convert the one page layout into a double! I used various stamps to add layers to my chipboard pieces including several Prima Marketing stamps and My Mind's Eye .  Infact my "little yellow bicyle" is a Prima stamp too!  Although I have not put a title on this layout, I've been calling it "Cake Face" if you read the journaling - you will see why! 

Stephanie's Take:


For this challenge I decide to stamp on the chipboard stars.  I don't like stamping directly on my pages because I usually end up messing it up.   Although the stars don't look like I had imagined they would, they actually turned out better.  For Instagram users out there, the photos were printed after being processed with Instagram and a little editing with Photoshop, because the photos are square, online printing wants to make them 4x6. Check out my individual post in the next couple of weeks for a full description.

Nancy's Take:
This months challenge was fun and easy the thing I love about stamps is that you can use them in so many different ways it's incredible. Oddly enough my july layout is all about the snow village but eh there are no rules as to when you have to create your pages as long as they get done :)

YOU can participate in this challenge too by bringing your layout based on this sketch to Auntie Em's Scrapbooking before the end of July.  Make sure to use stamps somewhere on your layout to qualify! There's going to be prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment