Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day 2012, I asked my husband Matt to take pictures of my son Sam, my mom and I together. Like most men, Matt doesn't think of these things on his own. I have to ask. Regardless, he managed to get a few decent pictures to remember the day.

This month, the design team used the Songbird collection from Prima. Let's face it, Prima products are BEAUTIFUL! I thought this soft and pretty paper was perfect for my pictures.



Our challenge this month was to create flags or pennants. Flags and pennants are very popular these days and are easy to make. For my layout, I made flags using scrap pieces of paper, a square punch and toothpicks.



I used a journalling box that came with the collection and added embellishments: Prima wood buttons, chipboard sticker and butterfly. The butterfly came in a stark white, which really didn't go with my layout. I used Glimmer Mist to change the colour.








Check out the Songbird collection at Auntie Em's and don't forget to submit your layout for this month's challenge.


Happy scrappin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment