Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Action de grace

So this month's sketch was one of my favorites! I know some of the other girls didn't feel that way but I absolutely loved it. The challenge was to create a handmade title which at first I was going to just use my cricut but I felt since I do that most of the time it would be taking the easy road out. So what to do.

Here is the result.

Well I have these chipboard letters that have some funky patterns that I don't really know if I will ever use. So I decided since I liked the font to trace them and cut the letters out of raw chip board that I have had forever. Once that was done I decided to rough up the edges with my trustee tim holtz tool I got at emma's and use a brown pen to draw some stitching and finished it off with some edge inking.

The first half of the title was inspired by last months challenge I used a pin and printed out action de on cardstock cut it into a flag and there you go.
 
My favorite part of this layout is that it's loaded with pics and I also love the October embellishment that I had had in  my stash forever. This would be something that would be rather easy to create on the computer and use on other layouts. I used a couple different patterns that we were given and cut out the flower from one of the sheets. Added the lovely buttons we were given and a sticker strip as well as left over card stock at the bottom and voila a lovely thanksgiving page for BB girl's book. And I actually got this page done before one year had passed it's a miracle it seems these challenges are keeping me on top of my to do list when it comes to scrapping.

Good luck can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Nancy

1 comment: