Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I love your laugh


I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love Echo Park! I think their themes work really well with the type of scrapbooking that I do. This month the design team used the Life is Good collection. Usually, I have trouble using pinks when creating layouts featuring my little guy Sam. Not with this collection!
 
 
The November sketch of the PageMaps calendar was right up my alley. I use vertical bands all the time. That being said, the technique this month, aka distressing, is not my typical first choice. But I'm game to step out of my comfort zone from time to time!
 
The first distressing technique I used was Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in clear. I used the crackle paint on the small squares and the vertical band.
 
 
Before putting the crackle paint on the vertical band, I used the flower chipboard pieces and sand paper to distress the paper. I also distressed the edges of the paper by using an edge distresser and using Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick.
 
 
The last distressing technique I used was to distress the edges of my photos by using a file.
 
 
In other non-distressing techniques: I spray the chipboard flowers and created my own small flowers using paper and a punch.
 

 

 
I said at the beginning of this blog post that I love Echo Park. Well, I love my kid and his laugh even more (obviously!). I took these pictures of Sam laughing in our backyard on a beautiful spring day. Now that the weather has taken a turn for the chilly, it's nice to be reminded how wonderful spring is and that it will be back...eventually!


Happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment